Skorydov is the content provider of judgments and is helping in digitisation of appeals for the National Judicial Reference System (NJRS). This page is for information only as this is a Government project and not intended for our general users.
National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) would comprise of two main components:
- Appeals Repository & Management System (ARMS):- An online repository of all pending appeals at the ITAT, AAR, High Court and the Supreme Court with relevant documents.
- Judicial Research & Reference System (JRRS):- A repository of judicial orders as a single, indexed, searchable , cross linked database of Judgments of ITAT, AAR, High Court and Supreme Court.
Objectives of NJRS
- Ensure Expeditious Disposal of Appeals.
- Facilitate Tax Recovery by quick identification, prioritization and disposal of High Tax cases.
- Avoid Frivolous Appeals on Decided Issues.
- Bring Uniformity in the stand taken by Income Tax Dept. on Contentious legal Issues.
- Consolidation of Appeals by bunching similar cases.
- Develop expertise to defend cases on specific issues.
Appeals Repository & Management System (ARMS)
- Consolidate database of pending litigation.
- Ensuring monitoring of Appeals at each stage.
- Ensure Granularity of Data for Decision making by CBDT.
- Identification of law prone to litigation.
- Analysis of trends in outcome of Appeals.
- Quick movement of information on litigation to judicial officers.
- Reliable storage and ready retrieval of appeals documents.
Judicial Research and Reference System (JRRS)
- Centralized, indexed and searchable electronic repository of Judgments for efficient tax litigation management.
- Link decisions in decided matters with pending appeals to Income Tax officers.
- Intelligent search capabilities to identify issues across cases for improved decision making.
- Issue wise summary of Judgments for quick reference.